Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Teacher Who Changed My Life

God has always been kind to me.He has given me most of the things that I dearly longed for.So looking back at my school days,I feel satisfied for who I was and what I am now.Those days were very special to me for I had come across a new personality in one person whom I knew from the day when I started to call him Dada.Until then I had not thought for twice that my dad would be my greatest source of inspiration and,most of all,my best teacher.
Being a principal of the school where I used to study,my dad had developed his image as a strict teacher when required.But in other times,I could feel his good sense of humor and his loving and caring nature which was also noticed by all.
Everyone also knew that my father was a big Table-Tennis fan so in order to encourage the students,he even appointed a TT coach.My father's intention of making me play TT was not unaware to me.So,I happily joined the training session.During that time,he was always there for me emotionally as well as in person.Being a junior school student with a lots of potentialities,my father had a great expectation from me.So in order to make me best,he used to give me an extra TT training himself.
As I grew up being a fine player,I used to participate in different matches.However,sometimes,I used to meet with defeats.But,my,principal was always there to highlight the positive aspects in me which used to give me strength.He was the one to teach me the lesson of never giving up no matter how many times I met with defeats.He was always there to support me as well as comfort me even when I had to go out of the valley for TT tournaments.
With time,everything has changed-my height,my principal's young glowing face has been turned into a wrinkled one but the smile that used to provide me with hope has not faded away.My teacher has taught me to have faith in oneself.Teenage life comes up with full of colourful experiences which brings love,friendship and a lots of crushes.Along with them,betrayals,hatred,pain and suffering are also unavoidable in our sweet life.I too had teenage problems which used to give me stress and pain.However,my dad guided me and he always showed me a right direction.Moreover,he always acted like a friend to me and made me feel special even when I used to face criticism from others.
Similarly,I got to learn alot about the idea of being optimistic by looking at my dad's life.My dad,my philosopher,my friend and most of all,my teacher struggled in his own life.He had faced defeats millions of time before succeeding.Even now,when I get annoyed for not getting everything what I want,I remember my father's heroic journey in which he had to sacrifice some valuables.
Today,I am an eighteen year old grown up who is proud of being a good student and daughter.But I Know that I have not yet come out of my comfort zone.I know that my teacher would not be with me all the time as he was during my childhood days.However,I am sure that the lessons which he taught me,the feelings which we shared together,hugs and kisses which we had will always be as fresh as the spring flowers.
I think that a teacher is not someone who comes and teaches course books only,gives long lectures and assigns homework but someone who connects with you by knowing your psychology,your heart and your feelings.A teacher is an angel who is sent by God in order to understand and change your life positively.Thus,I have found that person in my dad.So,I can proudly declare that for me,my father is the best teacher in this entire world.




2 comments:

  1. A teacher is an Angel not angle.. hehe.. darho chha yo article... best experiences and well construction...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli, i agree with each of your statement because I have closely viewed your relationship of a student and a teacher with your dad. I bet for the sure that the charm and lively spirit would never be faded by few age lines in our sir's face. He is indeed a great teacher of mine as well who in a short span of time had a great effect on my career path too. I really admire his efforts to keep you going and I would love to appreciate your belief to make your dad always proud of you.

    ReplyDelete